“It isn’t what you meant to say…it’s what they understood.”
Isn’t it a wonder that we have the luxury of sitting in front of machines that bring us an audience for the thoughts we choose to voice? An audience that is as responsive as it is open minded. Especially as is the case of the ‘blog’ our words come alive only with the interpretation of the reader. The writer’s words would just be drifting aimlessly through time and space, had it not been for the reader who echoes our expressions and many a times brings new perspectives, enlightening us along the way! Which is why I think that this award for “Reader Appreciation” should be given to the reader 🙂
I’ve been nominated for it by Neil whose juicy blog Pretzel Logic I love sinking my teeth into, and also by George Hayward, whose words always inspire me to strive for a better day!
I believe, had Neil picked up the pen when he was much younger, he’d have had a different career today 😉 His honest and strong words tend to fill your mind like the aroma of a fresh brew in a cafe! Do check out his twisted thoughts in a cup and you’ll be back for more!
As for George, he has the knack of inspiring in simple and effective words. Just check out Personal Growth and you’ll agree that he is indeed positivity personified!
Thanks for the honor Neil and George.(sorry I’ve taken my own sweet time to accept this award 😛 but I knew I’d take longer to come up with 7 things about myself this time, my brain is still in slo-mo!)
- Identify and show appreciation of the blogger who awarded you.
- You must add the award logo to your blog.
- Tell your readers 7 things about yourself.
- You must nominate 5-10 of your favorite bloggers for this award.
- Inform your nominees that you nominated them.
ok…7 things about me…hmm…
- I love the fact that kids don’t get sarcasm 😀
I enjoy watching the completely blank look on my 3 year old niece’s face when her Mum gets ‘sarcy’ with her. No matter how angry you get, that little angel will hug it out of you. I’m learning about ‘unconditional love’ from her.
- I am a to-be minimalist (err..with 46 pairs of shoes) but a minimalist nonetheless.
- When B (my BFF) was here, we’d spend all night driving around the city listening to amazing music, we’d make big plans about the future and stroll by the sea. It’s rare to have such an awesome friendship with someone you haven’t known since school. And now that she stays in another country, I am now looking for a new BFF 😛 (applications are being accepted)
- J always joked about how I’d never finish a book. Yea, it’s true, I didn’t finish many. And with him saying it often, I had started doubting my capacity to read! But ever since our separation four months ago, I’ve finished 7 books. The turning point was ‘Wild’ by Cheryl Strayed. (Although I don’t know her personally, she’ll always be sort of..my first friend on this journey.)
- I hope to save up enough money so that I can take a year off from work and travel across the globe just to meet my friends. So far, I’d say I’m about 30 years behind. teehee.
- I had another blog before I started this one, it lasted a few months coz I wasn’t regular with it and I kinda let it fade away. (Might as well, it was in the name I used after marriage)
- I believe that one cannot be a fabulous writer without being a fabulous person. The bloggers I’m connecting with continue to blow my mind. I’m learning..to write and to be fabulous! 😉 And I’m looking forward to meeting these fabulous people some day!
Now for my nominations: (as always, the links will take you to my favorite posts by them)
- The Green Study I can’t help but smile when I read her words! I came upon her blog only a week ago, she is, in her own words “a midwestern, middle-aged, middle manager of average height and IQ.” Her writing is straightforward and witty, and she can tell you a thing or two about Zen and the art of abusing a Prius 😉
- Only the truest of facts Ryan Morrison, his cat, and their comic strip. Hahaha, my daily dose of laughter 😀
- Moment Matters From any question that pops into one’s head, something important might arise, some thing that might make that moment matter. That’s what this blog is about, entertaining and thought provoking!
- Vanessa Katsoolis of one thousand single days. Bright and beautiful! Single for 1000 days, out of choice! And she has me hooked with her one month ‘banging body’ challenge 🙂
- The Why Blog Have a question that goes, “why….?” This is the place you’ll find the answer, if it isn’t already there, this blog will find it for you 🙂 curiosity kills no cats no more!
- Dianne Gray is an author whose novel ‘The Everything Theory” has me in it’s grip these days, and yea, she has a Rottweiler named Kitty. 😀
I continue to come across such amazing writers every day, I’m losing my mind keeping track of my favs 😛 which reminds me, I have to update my ‘new friends’ page too!